Content Area: Science
Index: 5.8D Grade 8 CPI 1
Standard: 5.8 - Earth Science
Strand: D - How We Study The Earth
- How does technology extend human senses and understanding of Earth?
Technology enables us to better understand Earth’s systems and the impact of Earth’s systems on human activity.
Cumulative Progress Indicator: 1 - The student will utilize data gathered from a variety of technological sources (e.g., geographic information systems (GIS) and global positioning systems (GPS)) to evaluate global and local changes caused by natural and human events.
· Investigating the Climate System - Clouds: http://www.nasa.gov/pdf/62317main_ICS_Clouds.pdf
· Investigating the Climate System - Precipitation: http://www.nasa.gov/pdf/62321main_ICS_Precipitation.pdf
· Investigating the Climate System - Weather: http://www.nasa.gov/pdf/62323main_ICS_Weather.pdf
· Investigating the Climate System - Winds: http://www.nasa.gov/pdf/62325main_ICS_Winds.pdf