Content Area: Science
Index: 5.4B Grade 8 CPI 1
Standard: 5.4 - Nature and Process of Technology
Strand: B - Nature of Technology
- Are there ways to circumvent physical and social constraints when using technology?
- Physical constraints and social values play a role in limiting the use of technology to solve problems.
Cumulative Progress Indicator: 1 - The student will analyze a product or system to determine the problem it was designed to solve, the design constraints, trade-offs and risks involved in using the product or system, how the product or system might fail, and how the product or system might be improved.
· Investigating the Climate System - Precipitation: http://www.nasa.gov/pdf/62321main_ICS_Precipitation.pdf
· Investigating the Climate System - Winds: http://www.nasa.gov/pdf/62325main_ICS_Winds.pdf
· Future Flight Design Part I: http://futureflight.arc.nasa.gov/
· Future Flight Design Part II: http://futureflight.arc.nasa.gov/